Monday, May 9, 2011

I'm a Featured Artist!!


"Thing 2011"
18"x24"
Oil on Canvas


"Sumthing"
5"x7"
Graphite on drawing paper

I was pleasantly surprised by fellow Deviantart.com artist ~m0768901
a few weeks ago, when he came across my gallery, and decided to feature me in his online art blog!! I think that there is nothing better than fellow artists helping promote each other. I'm humbled and honored to be able to blab about my art career.  Check it out, cause you know you love me, and you want to read all about my journey through this crazy life of art.
Other cool news: I had 3 art show openings in under 2 weeks. One art show is a public show and sale in which my painting Orchid Sonata (http://cmtorrez.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d38w6vg) is hanging, another is the show for Art for Life (pics to follow soon of our palette knife painting) at the Denver Children's Hospital, and the final one for this month will be a silent auction with both "Thing 2011" and "Sumthing" will be on the chopping block.. 
Already planned out for next month, I'll be showing my big harbor sunset painting! It's so near completion, I can't wait to get some good pics of it to show. I've changed the title from "Sailors Delight" to "Last Light". Only because that's what it's really about. The focus is the final light of the sun, in a red and orange sky. the colors are fantastic, and I almost don't want to make it available for purchase, because I love it so much! Guess that's what we artists are going for, eh?
Until next time, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment