Saturday, March 12, 2011

Giving Back..

And creeping out!!

"Thing-2011" -work in progress
16"x20" Oil on Canvas

"Thing-2009"
14"x17" Graphite

Recently while preparing a mixed media piece that I worked on with my good friend and master photographer Jeremy Hochhalter (please check out his work at http://www.absinthephotography.com/ ), I was informed of a charity art sale and fashion show benefiting the kiddos of Fort Collins who've had a rough time. He told me that the theme was anything Zombie, which he knew would perk my interest. Those who know me really well, will tell you I'm a zombie freak. Sure, I paint pretty flowers, pets, and landscapes, with an occasional onion thrown in, but, there is a dark side!!!

Back in 2009 I composed a graphite drawing of my own hand, but decided to give it some character, by decomposing it, and reanimating it. I wanted to put it on canvas, but never found the time, as I've had so many other ventures to work on. So, being that this sale is a good cause, and all proceeds are donated to Turning Point, naturally, I wanted to be apart of it.

Thing is nearly finished now, after just a few short days of work. I'll be sure to get better photos and post it soon!

The event is May 15th, you can get info here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=169705336409903 





No comments:

Post a Comment