Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Work in Progress...



"Last Call"


I haven't been out to do a good Plein Air Painting in a few weeks, but don't think I haven't been doing any art!! I've got a great studio project going on at the moment, a commission for a family friend.

If you'll notice in the picture, the reference photo is in the upper right hand corner. My client is from the coasts of Florida, and he's been landlocked in Wyoming now for 10 years or so. He's got a lot of love for the ocean, and misses it greatly. I myself have only visited the ocean a few times in my short life, but I'm madly in love with the idea of living on the beach. There is a strong emotional connection with this piece for me.

I've put about 27 hours worth of time into this piece so far, I think I have about another 10 to go before finishing. It's on a 30"x40" stretched canvas. All in all, I am really enjoying this piece, and it's going by so quickly and smoothly.

I'll keep the updates rolling in as I near the end of this fun journey. Tag along if you wish. :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to check out my gallery at cmtorrez.deviantart.com ;) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete